Enrolment at Spearwood Primary School
In Western Australia, children can start their education in Kindergarten and we recommend that children enrol and attend Kindergarten. Compulsory schooling starts the following year in Pre-primary and every child from Pre-primary to Year 12 is guaranteed a place at their local public school.
Spearwood Primary School is a school without a local intake area. Enrolments are guaranteed for children within the boundaries defined by neighbouring schools. The criterion for prioritising enrolments for children outside this boundary is proximity to the school.
Who needs to enrol?
You need to apply to enrol your children in public school for 2022 if they are:
- starting Kindergarten – 4 years old by 30 June 2022
- starting Pre-primary, the first year of compulsory school – 5 years old by 30 June 2022.
- are of compulsory school age. All school aged children must be enrolled in school and attend every day – this is the law. (See the Department Website).
Application for Kindergarten
Applications for Kindergarten will be accepted during the year prior to eligibility. To calculate the year that your child should start kindergarten – CLICK HERE
Enrolment into Kindergarten at Spearwood Primary School does not guarantee a place in Pre-Primary for the following year unless residence is within our area. Parents of Kindergarten students will need to re-apply for a position in Pre-Primary for the following year. Students who reside outside the boundary area are not guaranteed a position in this compulsory year of schooling.
An Application Form may be completed a, or submitted to, the school office between the hours of 7:30am and 3.30pm.
The Following documentation is required:
- your child’s Birth Certificate (original or certified copy) or birth extract or equivalent identity documents;
- your child’s ‘Immunisation Certificate’;
- usual place of residence: for example utilities account, lease agreement of at least three months, proof of ownership of property, driver’s licence, statutory declaration;
(Principals may accept a maximum of 3 documents as evidence of residential address.)
- copies of any Family Court or other court orders;
- and visa details (if applicable).
Once the application has been accepted, you will be issued Enrolment Pack B and required to complete the Enrolment Form and submit it to the school.
If your Application for Enrolment is not accepted, you will be advised.
If you are a student enrolling from outside Australia, please refer to the following website for your options.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe now and receive our electronic newsletter delivered direct to your inbox on your phone, tablet or computer. Packed full of the latest news, upcoming events and important information about the school.