Spearwood Primary School Board
2020 is the school’s fourth year as an Independent Public School and also our fourth year with a School Board. School Boards are required to have from five to fifteen members. The School Board must have a majority of parent and community members. Spearwood Primary School Board now has complete membership of ten members: four staff, five parents and one community member.
Staff Members are voted onto the School Board by Spearwood Primary staff at the beginning of the year on the School Development Days.
2020 Staff Members:
Marta Rotondella/Tracey Irving, Principal – Mandatory Member of School Board
Carol Derbyshire, Manager of Corporate Services and Board Secretary
Rona Gartner, teacher.
Parent Members are nominated by parents and voted on for membership by parents. If you’re a parent and wish to nominate please contact us.
2020 Parent Members:
Needmore Zendera, Jody Bridges, Renee Smith, Donna Juner, Katie Anderson all continuing parent members.
Community Members are nominated and voted upon by the School Board including staff and community members.
2020 Community Member and Board Chair: Ms Janine Griffiths.
Role of the School Board
School Education Act 1999 States that the financial functions of a School Board for a school are:
To take part:
- In establishing, and reviewing the school’s objectives. Priorities and general policy directions;
- In the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions; and
- In evaluating the school’s performance in achieving them.
- Voluntary Contributions and Charges.
- Extra cost optional components of the school’s educational programme.
- Items for personal use in the education programme.
- Advertising and sponsorship arrangements
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Subscribe now and receive our electronic newsletter delivered direct to your inbox on your phone, tablet or computer. Packed full of the latest news, upcoming events and important information about the school.